October 15, 2015
A big thank you to Alexandra Balakireva for this recipe, which adds a little pizzazz to this delicious vegetable.
- Bunch of asparagus spears, snapped to leave the non-woody part
- Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Sprinkle in the sugar and add a pinch of salt.
- Sauté the asparagus spears until they start to go a little brown.
- Add water to half-cover the asparagus.
- Put the lid on the pan and leave to simmer for 5 minutes or so, until the asparagus spears start to go soft.
Delicious with Grilled salmon and crushed Chilote potatoes.