December 17, 2015
OK, so this is not exactly a new invention, but prawn cocktail is a great standby if you need to entertain at short notice! It’s very fast to get together and still very delicious, even if it has been around for decades. Go on, check it out!
- A pack of ready cooked prawns (as many as your budget will allow)
- 3 heaped tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 heaped tablespoons tomato ketchup
- Good dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Black pepper
- Garnish: some lettuce or rocket or cucumber
- Arrange the garnish on the plate or in a glass serving bowl.
- Add the precooked prawns.
- Mix the mayonnaise and tomato ketchup.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and black pepper.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Spoon the sauce over the prawns and serve.
Links to other recipes for party food: