Chilean Wine Day in Valparaíso Region
August 24, 2016
Raise your glass because 4 September is Chilean National Wine Day and there are events all over Chile to celebrate. Here are some of the activities taking place in the Casablanca and Aconcagua Valleys.
Tastings in Casablanca
The Cafetería Entre Cepas on the main square in Casablanca (Plaza de Armas) is opening its doors from 9.30 a.m. until 5 p.m. on Friday 2, Saturday 3 and Sunday 4 September. Members of the public are welcome to pop in and taste wine.
On Sunday 4 September, the following independent wineries from the Valparaíso Region that form part of MOVI (the Movement of Independent Vintners) are opening their doors for picnics and reasonably priced tastings. Details of places and times have not yet been published, check individual websites or MOVI’s Facebook page or Twitter account for more information.
- Viña La Recova in the Casablanca Valley
- Viña Attilio & Mochi in the Casablanca Valley
- Flaherty Wines in the Aconcagua Valley
- Viña Peumayen in the Aconcagua Valley
- Viña Von Siebenthal in the Aconcagua Valley
Free tours and tastings
There are free tours and tastings at many of the vineyards – places are limited and should be booked through the Ruta Del Vino de Casablanca website
- Estancia El Cuadro –11 a.m. on Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Viña Loma Larga–10.30 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday
- Viña Quintay –11 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday
- House Casa del Vino–12.30 p.m. on Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Viña Viñamar–Friday, Saturday and Sunday (time unconfirmed)
- Emiliana Organic Vineyards–3.30 p.m. on Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Viña Indómita- 10.30 a.m. and 12 noon on Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Kingston Family Vineyards–Friday, Saturday and Sunday (time unconfirmed)
- Viña Veramonte – Friday (time unconfirmed), 3.30 p.m. on Saturday and 12 noon and 2 p.m. on Sunday
- Viña Casas del Bosque –12 noon on Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Viña Matetic –10 a.m. on Sunday
For information on events in other areas:
Coming soon: Chilean Wine Day in southern Chile and Chilean Wine Day in the Metropolitan Region
Details of events can also be found at the nosgustaelvino website.