Chilean Wine Day in southern Chile
August 29, 2016
Chilean National Wine Day on 4 September is fast approaching and the pace of activities is already picking up. My previous posts have covered some of the events happening in the Colchagua area and in Valparaíso. Here are some of the things going on to celebrate Chilean Wine Day in southern Chile.
Tours and tastings
Balduzzi Vineyards and Winery and Casa Donoso Winery in Maule are both offering free tours and tastings between Monday 29 August and Saturday 3 September at 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. Spaces are limited, so please make sure you book. Contacts are:
- Viña Balduzzi: Daniela Acuña – firstname.lastname@example.org – 56732322138
- Viña Casa Donoso: Juan Pavéz – email@example.com – 56712341400
Meanwhile in the Curicó area, there will also be tours and tastings. On Sunday 4 September, there will be free tours and tastings at Viña Miguel Torres at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. Spaces are limited and must be booked by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Tours at independent wineries
On Sunday 4 September, the following independent wineries that form part of MOVI (the Movement of Independent Vintners) in southern Chile are opening their doors for picnics and reasonably priced tastings:
Make your own wine blend
You can make your own wine blend at Viña Estampa on Saturday 3 and Sunday 4 September from 11 a.m. to 1.30 p.m. Free activity at Viña y Bodega Estampa. Ruta 90, km45, Palmilla. Valle de Colchagua. VI Región
Spaces are limited so please contact: Jennifer Cors – email@example.com – 56942697322
Events to celebrate Chilean National Wine Day
- In Concepción on Friday 2 September from 7 p.m. to midnight, a wine fair attended by independent winemakers from MOVI at the Centro de Eventos Mitrinco, located at km 3, camino a Santa Juana organized by Cava del Pescador, Concepción. Entry costs $15,000 or $10,000 if you buy in advance. Details on facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/events/1086514441435925/. Contact: Augusto Pescador – firstname.lastname@example.org
- There will be a Wine Festival in the Plaza de Armas, Talca, to include food, handicrafts and entertainment, as well as wine. $5,000. Times from 11.30 a.m. until midnight on Saturday and from from 11.30 a.m. until 5 p.m. on Sunday.
- Bío Bio 2016 Rural World Exhibition on Saturday 3 September in Ranquil in Chile’s 8th Region. This is a Food and wine fair, including winetastings with winemakers from the area and wine talks and tastings of all kinds of products from this valley. From 11 a.m. until 7 p.m. at Plaza Parque Estación, Ñipas, Ranquil
- Puerto Natales is holding a Wine Festival on Sunday 4 September at Espacio Cultural Costanera and local restaurants will be showcasing their cuisine, there will be handicrafts and folk music. This event will be from 10.30 a.m. until 2.30 p.m. at Espacio Cultural Costanera, Calle Pedro Montt Nº 800, Puerto Natales, Magallanes Region. Free entry. More information from: Alejandra Pinilla, Manager of the Chamber of Tourism for Ultima Esperanza – email@example.com – 56993444575
- The Outlet de Vinos at Mall Center, Curicó has an event on Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- There will also be a toast in Curicó’s main square on Sunday.
More information from Nos Gusta El Vino, the official website of Wines of Chile.